Theatre POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
All students should wear clothes that allow for movement. Students should have their hair pulled back off their face. Please, no skirts or dresses and no flip flops.
All students are expected to arrive on time and come prepared for all classes. Theatre students must come with the appropriate materials (music, script, pencil) and ready to work. Due to the nature of some theatre classes with a performance, you many be asked to supply some sort of prop, costume piece, and so on. You will get plenty of notice from the instructor if this is necessary.
TUITION, REGISTRATION AND FEES
• Please see individual class descriptions for class dates and tuition.
• Theatre students will NOT be automatically enrolled for the entire year. You must enroll in each session that you wish to attend.
• All Theatre classes are open enrollment – you may register for them at any time.
• Open enrollment does not apply to Show Choir and MainStage Musicals. These are by audition only. You will be able to register once your child has been cast in the workshop or show.
• Tuition payment is required prior to the first class of each session to ensure placement in a class. Payment may be made by cash, check, VISA or Mastercard. Fees may not be transferred or extended towards future tuition.
• No refunds or credits are given unless a class is cancelled by The School.
• There is a $35 registration fee per family, payable yearly.
• There is a $25 fee for all returned checks.
Students are encouraged and expected to attend class regularly. Due to the structure of the classes there are no make up lessons for theatre classes.
We are proud to have professional faculty who are still appearing and performing with some of the most respected ensembles in their field. Occasionally their professional duties take them away from our classrooms. When teachers are performing, they choose substitutes for their classes. Whenever possible, substitutes are hired from our existing faculty. When this is not possible, substitute teachers are professional colleagues of the teacher. In either case, substitutes are briefed on the class syllabus, so that the progression of study can go on uninterrupted. We appreciate your feedback on substitute teachers.
Class placement is determined at the time of registration based on the student’s age and experience. Instructors evaluate students during the first few weeks of class to assure proper placement.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
The School very rarely closes for bad weather. If neighboring school districts close for inclement weather, make sure you call The School of Performing Arts before assuming that we are closed as well. We will contact you via email or e-blast with weather related closings. As always, you may use your own discretion and make up the class if necessary.
Parents may observe their child’s class at any time during the year, at the teacher’s discretion. Please speak with your teacher directly if you wish to observe your child’s class.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEOGRAPHY
The School of Performing Arts may use any photograph and or video taken of you/your child at The School or any performance for promotional purposes.